How To Keep Your Beard Healthy
Have you ever wondered why beards look good on some people but not on others? There are many different reasons for this, but one of the biggest ones is the beard’s condition. No one looks good with beard that looks dull and dry. Instead of giving off cool guy vibes, you’ll just end up looking like an old man. This is why it’s important to keep your beard healthy. Here’s how.
- Trim and shape regularly - you can have long beard and still look good, you know. You just need to make sure it looks clean and neat at all times and the best way to do that is to trim and shape your beard regularly.
- Wash your beard - like the hair on your head/scalp, your beard needs proper care to thrive and be healthy as well. You can try looking into beard shampoos and conditioners, though a mild shampoo would also do the job. Wash your beard in the morning to get rid of drool that might have been stuck there while you were sleeping and at night to wash the day off of your beard and get rid of everything from dirt, food particles, and more.
- Build a beard care routine - before you start thinking “well, I don’t have time for that,” just know that a beard care doesn’t necessarily have to be a long and overly complicated one. A basic one would only consist of two to three products and would take no more than 10 minutes of your time in the morning and/or at night. If you don’t already have one in place, you can start by looking into getting yourself a beard trimmer, beard oil, and a beard brush.
- Stay healthy - your beard reflects your health. You can’t grow a healthy beard if you, yourself, are not healthy inside and out. Eat a balanced diet and get plenty of sleep so your body can keep supplying the required nutrients to all parts of your body, beard included.
- Take supplements - having difficulty growing your beard and keeping it healthy? You might need to take supplements for hair growth, like biotin, to encourage healthy hair growth. Note that doing this will boost facial hair growth in general, not just your beard, so be ready to see your mustache and brows thickening up as well.
Beard care is important if you want to keep your beard looking healthy at all times and a simple beard care routine can go a long way in ensuring that your beard doesn’t end up looking dull and dry.