How to Get the Most Out of Bath & Body Products
Taking your time in the shower and getting a really good lather and scrub can mean a world of difference for your skin. Ever wondered why, sometimes, no matter what you do and how expensive a lotion you use, your skin still ends up looking really dull? If this is a problem you’re currently dealing with, it might be time for a scrub.
A lot of people forget just how important exfoliation is. Giving your skin a good body scrub from head to toe can help get rid of dead skin cells and it can also help reveal new, fresh, and glowing skin. It’s important to note, however, that exfoliating your skin is not something that should be done daily, lest you damage your skin beyond repair. Check out these tips on how to get the most out of your body wash and exfoliants when taking a bath/shower.
- Look for a 2-in-1 body wash with an exfoliating ingredient - 2-in-1 products are everywhere and one of the best combos to get for your shower is a body wash with an exfoliating ingredient in one. Aside from getting two products for the price of one, this type of product is way gentler on the skin which is perfect if yours is sensitive.
- Soaps with exfoliants are great, too - so you prefer using a good ol’ bar of soap. Does that mean you can’t get the benefits of exfoliating in the shower? Not at all! Soaps can have exfoliating ingredients.
- Don’t overdo it - if you think the best way to use your exfoliating bath and shower products is to use them every day for maximum effectiveness, think again! Exfoliating too much can damage your skin instead of rejuvenate it. Keep your exfoliating sessions anywhere from once or twice a week, instead, for best results.
- Do it in the morning - at night is when your skin really takes the time to renew itself so by morning you have tons of dead skin cells just ready for the taking. Take advantage of this and do your exfoliating in the morning. You’ll slough off dead skin from the night before and you’ll be glowing all day long.
- Use it with a tool - if there’s a tool that you can use with your exfoliating body wash, face wash, and whatnot, USE IT! Skin care tools can help your exfoliate more efficiently, leaving you with smoother and more polished skin.
- Try a perfumed exfoliating cream - the thing about bath and shower products that have exfoliating ingredients is that you need to rinse them off after use. If you like having a bit of scent left on your skin, but you still want to get the benefits of exfoliating, go for a scented exfoliating cream.
Get the most out of your exfoliating session by following these tips! You’ll enjoy smoother and brighter skin and you’ll look forward to the next exfoliating session even more.