Hangover Beauty Remedies Everyone Should Know
The past few weeks were filled with parties and get-togethers and we’re sure a lot of you had your fair share of hangovers. Partying before a workday is all fun and games until morning comes and you discover that you look like a hot mess.
If you’ve ever found yourself in this situation, we’ve got some tips for you. Save them now and pull them out for the next time you have a little too much fun.
- Drink plenty of water - the first thing you want to do after a night of drinking is to fill up on water. Alcohol is a diuretic and it can cause you to become dehydrated and your skin pale and dry. You might even notice some dry hair issues going on, too, so bust out that winter shampoo for dry hair! To get back your healthy glow, drink plenty of water (both at home while you prep for the day ahead and throughout the whole day).
- Load up on moisturizers - help your skin and your scalp regain the moisture that it lost by using a generous (more generous than usual) amount of moisturizer, reapplying whenever you can throughout the day. You can help kick-start the moisture bombing on your skin by applying a sheet mask (for your whole face or under the eyes is fine).
- Forget about matte - if you’re a fan of mattes, especially in your makeup, you might want to steer clear of it for the day. Anything matte can enhance the dryness in your skin so go for stuff that is moisturizing, whether it be foundation, lipstick, or any other makeup product you usually apply on your skin.
- Exfoliate - all those dead skin cells are making your skin look drier than it really is, especially when you have a hangover to pair it with. Slough off the dead skin cells by exfoliating with a sugar scrub, a loofah, dry brushing, or whatever your preferred method of exfoliation is.
- Conceal the redness - one of the things that you’ll notice about your skin when you’re hungover is the exacerbated redness. Don’t worry, all you really need is green concealer and you’ll be good to go.
While we don’t recommend partying hard the night before a work day, there are times when it’s inevitable. Take these tips and remember them for the morning after when you’re fighting a hangover and still need to look fab for the workplace.