6 Skincare Mistakes You Need Stop Making Now
Taking care of your skin now will give you benefits that you’ll enjoy well into the future. Many people make the mistake of neglecting their skin when they’re young and thinking they’ll just give it more attention when they’re older but that’s only going to make the damage pile on. Here are some skincare mistakes you need to stop making now if you want to have gorgeous, glowing skin in the future.
- Not using a moisturizer - some people say they skip moisturizer because they’re skin is already oily as it is and using moisturizer will only make it more so but the truth is that you need moisturizer in your life and you just need to find the right one for you. If you have oily skin, look for gel-type moisturizers instead of heavy cream types. People will dry skin are better off with the latter.
- Forgetting to wash your face - washing your face is the first and most basic step to having good skin. You should be washing your face at least twice a day: in the morning and at night. If you think you don’t need to wash your face at night because you didn’t wear makeup during the day, think again. Washing your face gets rid of not only makeup but dirt and excess oil as well.
- Skipping sunscreen - sunscreen isn’t just for beach days. It’s not just for days when you step outside either. It’s something that your skin needs every day, regardless of whether you spend the day at home or outside.
- Trying too many new products at once - we get it, you skincare junkie, you. Trying new stuff is exciting but trying everything all at once can shock your skin and make it act out. It’s impractical, too, since you won’t be able to tell which product is working and what’s not working for your skin.
- Sleeping on dirty sheets and pillowcases - yes, changing your pillowcases and your sheets should be part of your skincare routine. Make sure to do this once a week so you don’t harbor germs and bacteria on them that could cause breakouts and other skin conditions.
- Patterning your skincare routine after somebody else’s - just because something worked for your favorite beauty influencer doesn’t mean it’ll work for you. Skincare is personal. You need to go on your own journey to build the right one for you. The only way to know if something will work for you or not is to try it.
Ready to build your own skincare routine? Check out Salonbar’s wide range of skincare tools and products to help you achieve beautiful skin minus the hassle.