5 Simple Ways To Protect Your Hair From The Sun
These past few years, more and more women have started taking suncare for their skin a lot more seriously. Sunscreen sales have seen a steady rise and more companies have also started expanding their businesses to include suncare for the skin. Unfortunately, suncare for the hair has yet to catch up. The sun can damage your hair just as much as it can damage your skin. Sun-damaged hair is dry, dull, and lifeless, but it doesn’t have to stay that way. Here are a few tips to help you protect your hair from the sun.
- Wear a hat - the cheapest and easiest way to protect your hair from the sun without changing much in your haircare routine is to simply put on a hat before you step outside. Ideally, you should wear a wide-brimmed hat for maximum coverage but anything works better than nothing, too, so don’t stress if you don’t have a wide-brimmer hat. If you are planning on buying one, though, make sure the material for the hat you choose is tightly woven and, if possible, get one that has UPF or ultraviolet protection factor.
- Use suncare products for the hair - there isn’t a lot out on the market right now (at least not for the hair) but there are definitely some good ones out there like this Keune Care Sun Shield Oil that protects hair from the sun and repairs the damage caused by UV rays on each strand of your locks.
- Use color protect shampoo and conditioner - got colored hair? The sun can make your color fade more quickly so make sure you’re using a shampoo and conditioner combo that can help lock the color in so it stays vibrant for a longer period of time.
- Treat your hair to a hair mask once a week - at least once every week, give your hair some time to recover from all the damage it went through (sun damage included) by indulging in a hair mask. Pick a mask with ingredients that can help repair sun damage. Hair masks that can repair and renew hair health is always a good investment for your hair.
- Use protective hairstyles - did you know that you can protect your hair and your scalp from sun damage by simply braiding it or putting it up into a top bun? When putting your hair up in a bun or braiding it to protect it from the sun, make sure you’re not doing it too tight. Tight hairstyles can cause further damage which defeats the purpose of using that hairstyle to protect your hair.
You don’t need to break the bank protecting your hair from the sun. Find good quality affordable suncare products for your hair at Salonbar and start your journey to healthier hair today.